Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: Shadow and Bone By Leigh Bardugo

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)

Series:                                       Book #1 in the Grisha Trilogy
Published By:                             Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Published On:                             June 5, 2012
Page Count:                               368
Formats I will Review:                Audio Book, Kindle EBook


Rating:                                        Five Stars


Synopsis:

     Alina Starkov doesn't expect much from life. Orphaned by the Border Wars, all she’s ever been able to rely on is her best friend and fellow refugee, Mal. And lately not even that seems certain. Drafted into the army of their war-torn homeland, they've been sent on a dangerous mission into the Fold, a swath of darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh.

     When their convoy is attacked, all seems lost until Alina reveals a dormant power that not even she knew existed. She is torn from everything she knows and whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. He believes that she is the answer the people have been waiting for: the Sun Summoner. Only her power can destroy the Fold.

     Overwhelmed by luxury, envied as the Darkling’s favorite, Alina struggles to keep her wits about her without Mal by her side. But nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her mastery of her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha—and the secrets of her heart.

My Thoughts:

     I picked this book you and I didn’t know anything about it. This is usually a recipe for disaster but not in this case (thank goodness). To be honest this book is one of my favorites.

     Oh man, let me just say that I completely love this book and am very thankful I found it. The world development is top notch, the character development is superb and the story pacing is fantastic. I loved this book so much that I actually found a book signing near me and attended. I think I will post picture separately at a later date. Overall I would say that the audio book like the ebook are remarkable, I would definitely re-read and recommend this book.

     If you have had a chance to read this book or plan on reading it, leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you. Also if you have any book recommendations let me know, I’m always on the lookout for a good book.

So until next time,

Cara (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment